Working out can be tough on your hair and skin, especially in the bone-dry winter months. Running outdoors means fighting wind chill + wet snow and sweaty workouts equal more showers. A few days ago I talked about active rest days and giving your body some love, which made me think about other things I do and products I use to pamper myself post workout. Here are a few of my faves this month.
- Hello Hair hydrating mask: This product is all about giving your hair the all natural TLC it deserves. I stumbled upon this product on Instagram and of course it is from Australia. (I say that because almost everything on this post is.) To be totes honest, my hair has issues. I wash it a lot. My ends are dry and damaged so this product caught my attention because it promises to bring hair like mine back to life. It also promises to help your hair grow. Sold! The directions tell you to apply the treatment to dry hair and then wrap in a towel for 30+ minutes. Once you’re finished soaking, you rinse and style per usual. I have to say, this stuff works and smells freaking amazing. After one application my hair was smoother + shinier and static was at an all time minimum.
- SkinnyMe Tea: Today is day one of my teatox. This is no crazy juice cleanse. Essentially you drink one cup in the morning and one cup at night, eat clean and workout. I figure I can do anything for 14 days. The free teatox tracker iPhone app makes keeping score a breeze. You even upload before and after pics to see your transformation. Wish me luck!
- Frank Body scrub: A miracle in a bag. I found this product on Insta via SONGOFSTYLE. The coffee-based skincare scrub leaves your skin feeling insane smooth. Frank targets dry skin, stretch marks, cellulite, eczema, acne and scaring. I purchased both the original and the peppermint scrubs. I was impressed with how much is actually in the package (several showers worth).
- Frank Body balm: If the scrub is tough love, then this is the smooth love counterpart. You should use this post scrub on problem areas. I like to use on my arms and tummy.
- Trader Joe’s natural facial cleansing pads: I freaking love these tea tree oil pads. Not only do they smell good but they are a life saver post workout. Letting sweat linger on you face can cause some not-so-fun breakouts so I use these cleansing pads to effortlessly clean my face if I don’t have time to shower immediately after I get my sweat on. They make my face feel alive and refreshed. Each jar has about 50 pads and you can’t beat the price ($4). Tea tree oil is a potent healer so just be prepared – the smell can be strong.
- Allafia nighttime replenishing face cream: Allafia products are vegan, cruelty-free and fair-trade. They donate a portion of their profits to charity. This sustainable skincare product is great if you have dry skin. It works to renew and repair skin overnight. My bottle is lasting me months (a little drop goes a long way) and you can purchase from your local Whole Foods Market.
- JĀSÖN vitamin E body oil: Vitamin E is an antioxidant that protects and repairs your skin. It helps reduce fine lines and wrinkles. I use this oil on its own on my body or mix with the above face cream.
Have a product I should try? Let me know below in the comment section. I would love to hear your pampering tips!
One thought on “#WTFartlekFaves”
That’s not just logic. That’s really senibsle.