I discovered Mindful March and all that it represents when practicing Yoga at Fit Formula. The teacher Amy brought it up and it got me thinking. I really like the idea of maintaining 31 days of mindfulness. Mindfulness is the ability to be present in the moment and aware of everything around us. This is often overlooked due to busy schedules and our eyes being glued to our phones, televisions and other devices. Over the holidays lululemon released a great campaign about being present in the moment. Behold… Give Presence.
“Do not check your email while I am telling you intimate things – f you!”
Here are 10 things I am trying to be mindful of in March:
- Be present in the moment: Slow life down by focusing more on breathing and my surroundings.
- Practice non-judgement: Try to release each judgement as it comes and move on. This applies to judging others and myself.
- Focus on the positive: Try to see the positive in every scenario and look past the negatives.
- Practice pleasure & happiness: Some people say we choose happiness and that it can be contagious. (Try to laugh/smile more and see what happens.)
- Eat with mindfulness: Not only to be more mindful of what I am eating but also how fast I am eating. I want to slow down, enjoy each bite and truly appreciate the act of nourishing my body. Food = fuel.
- Listen intentionally: Most times when we’re engaged in conversation, we’re not actually listening. If someone is talking to me I want to give them the attention they deserve – no more multitasking. I don’t ever want to be the couple that is sitting on opposite ends of the couch, staring at our phones with the TV on.
- Practice being grateful: Think of things that I am grateful for throughout the day and make an effort to pay it forward when possible. (I am over the moon grateful for all of you reading and sharing this blog.)
- Say yes and take more chances: Step outside my comfort zone and be more adventurous.
- Be kind to others: You never know what someone else is going through. Being kind and generous to others can be more joyful than doing things for ourselves.
- Celebrate renewal: Start fresh, spring clean, get a new look, try meditating, switch up my schedule or all the above!
What are you doing to be more mindful in March? Check out the Mindful March series of classes at Fit Formula on Tuesdays.
One thought on “Mindful March”
I like all these. I think we all are trying to jam to much into a day and rely too much on our electronics. I really like the eat slower. That was a must when I was growing up with my Dad and also we could not wash our food down with water, tea, milk what ever we were drinking for dinner as a kid.