When it comes to beauty products and pampering, I have to admit I am the worst. Or at least I was. My New Year’s resolution in 2015 was to indulge and learn how to be a girly girl. (I turned 30 in June so it was time!) As a result, I died my hair for the first time in like 7 years, bought good makeup + learned how to contour and invested in good skin care products. I also subscribed to a few subscription boxes, which is where I discover most of my favorites.
Here are 8 beauty products to get you in the cozy element:
- All Good Organic Coconut Oil Skin Food: In the winter your skin gets thirsty and this coconut oil is perfect for intense skin hydration. It is great after a shower or Epsom salt bath and can even be used for massage. I love the Lemongrass & Lavender options. This product is made in the USA and is USDA certified organic.
- Supersmile Ultimate Lip Treatment: I’m a loyal EOS girl but this lip treatment is great for winter chapped lips. This lip treatment rejuvenates and softens dry lips with richly emollient moisture. Sweet almond oil and soluble collagen boost firmness and elasticity while peptides improve fullness. Hyaluronic acid reinforces the lipid barrier and shea butter provides hydrating antioxidant protection to keep lips comforted and revitalized. The price is worth the admission.
- R+CO DEATH VALLEY Dry Shampoo: I got this product in my Birchbox and I’m freaking obsessed. I workout almost daily so dry shampoo is a life saver. I have thin hair and this product adds volume and texture. It doesn’t give you that frosted baby powder look either, which is a huge bonus. The smell will have you addicted in no time.
- Doterra essential oil – Deep Blue: Is it just me or do you always feel more achy and sore in the winter months? Deep Blue is a soothing solution here to help. Wintergreen, camphor, peppermint, blue tansy, blue chamomile, helichrysum and osmanthus work together to ease achy joints and sore muscles. Its effects are deep and penetrating with sustained results. Once gently rubbed into the area of discomfort, Deep Blue’s cool therapeutic benefit will be felt almost immediately! My friend Paige is a yoga instructor at Fusion. I highly recommend that you attend one of her essential oil workshops.
- YSL Touche Eclat Blur Perfector: I received this compact complimentary from Influenster but I am a total fan. I was in a Miami wedding recently and it was the most requested beauty item I had. It is also great post workout to minimize grease. This portable perfector is Yves Saint Laurent’s first ever blur perfector encased within a compact. It transforms from a balm to a powder upon application to soften the skin’s imperfections—creating a transparent yet subtle, rosy-glow effect. Use it alone as an allover complexion perfector, to set makeup, or as a mattifying touch up to sweep away shine and hide imperfections.
- YSL Touche Eclat Blur Primer: Another product I received from Influenster and also another must try. As I mentioned earlier, I learned how to contour and apply “big girl” makeup so primer is definitely needed in my beauty routine. This is especially true in the winter when our skin is thirsty and dry. A little goes a long way with this primer but I’m a sucker for the gold speckles! This primer preps skin for foundation application, creating an improved, refined appearance: pores seem to be minimized, skin texture feels smoother, and skintone is more even. It’s enriched with four nourishing oils—corn oil, apricot kernel oil, passiflora oil, and rice bran oil—to leave skin feeling incredibly soft without a greasy residue. Packed with blur technology, this universal primer provides a subtle, golden shimmer for ultimate luminosity.
- YSL Black Opium: Another thing I am bad at is buying fragrances. I still own Vera Wang Princess from my 2008 Christmas stocking. After receiving a sample of this vanilla based fragrance I immediately purchased. I figured it was a sign if 10+ people told me I smell amazing. Similar to Chanel Coco, Stella McCartney and Michael Kors, this is a fragrance people remember.
- Pumpkin Enzyme Mask: This mask by Perter Thomas Roth is a highly effective exfoliating treatment to address dull, dry, aging and congested complexion. It’s like spreading pumpkin pie on your face 😜. If at home pampering isn’t your thing, head over to Bare Med Spa for their fall facial feature. I enjoyed a Pumpkin Peel last month.