I’m super excited to announce that I’m the 2016 Go Girl Run Race Ambassador alongside Chasing Davies.
Go Girl is a race series in the Midwest that celebrates women and friendship. The race series offers both a 5K and Half Marathon option. I’ll be taking on the half in Kansas City at Prairie Fire for the 3rd year in a row.
Go Girl Run Kansas City helps support Girls on the Run. Girls on the Run inspires girls to be joyful, healthy and confident using fun, experienced-based curriculum which creatively integrates running.
This means that I’ll be sharing my training and race experience with you all and testing out some new gear (check out my new kicks!). Training officially begins now and over the next couple of weeks, I’ll be introducing my support group over on Instagram (@wtfartlek).
Five things I love about Go Girl Run
- Taste of Prairie Fire: Let’s be honest, its all about the food. Nothing gets me more excited than free smoothies post 13.1. Post race you get to taste samplings from the best restaurants at Prairie Fire from places like Rock and Brews, Coco Bolos, Newport Grill, Grimaldi’s, Vinotopia and more. If you’re still hungry, you’ve got plenty of options within walking distance for a celebratory brunch!
- Trail Run: No, you’re not running on dirt but a good majority of the race takes place on a paved trail. Not only do you get pretty views of nature but you also get lots of shade and the intimate atmosphere allows you to get to know your race mates. I’m looking forward to the new 2016 race route.
- Inspiring: Women of all ages and fitness backgrounds come together with the same goal – cross the finish line. The crowds will cheer you on and so will the other participants. Besides the Nike Women’s Half in San Fran this is one of the most encouraging races that I’ve been part of. This race is designed to celebrate women and their accomplishments.
- Swag: Be prepared for some serious bling. The race medals are always huge and do not disappoint. You’ll also get free race photos and half marathon peeps get New Balance tech t-shirts.
- Easy Parking: I’ve never had an issue parking for this race. Parking is super organized with several options surrounding the start line. This makes your pre race stress free.
Register for the Go Girl Run here. Let’s race together!
~Sponsored Post: Shoes compliments of New Balance & Ultramax Sports~